Expression, Technique and Musicianship for Accordionists.
RebelReed helps accordionists of all levels develop their skills and musicianship.
Helping accordionists since December 13, 2013
Online Accordion Community
The free online spot to become a better accordionist.
- FREE Community Forums
- FREE Accordion Resource Library (Sheet Music, PDFs and more)
- FREE Online Music Courses (coming soon)
Private Lessons, Coaching & Community
- As of October 2016 RebelReed only offers Accordion Academy and Single Lessons.
- Accordion Academy is limited to 20 students.
- Accordion Academy is a package of 9 lessons, weekly coaching, online activities and a performance project.
- Each session includes students of all levels: beginner to professional. Each session is designed to help each student develop their skills and explore their artistic identity.
- There are 4 Sessions per year:
- Fall: October to December
- Winter: January to March
- Spring: April to June
- Summer: July to September
- Location: I teach through Skype/Facetime and in Philadelphia.
- Availability: Tuesday-Saturday, between 10:00a-9:30p on most days.
- Plan: Together we will choose a relevant and exciting goal for where you want to be at the end of the lessons and design a custom lesson curriculum to get you there step by step. (Check out my intake form to get an idea of my approach.)
- Schedule: We have three weeks on of lessons, and one week off.
- Lesson notes: You will have a private lesson area on the site, where you will find my notes and assignments at the end of each lesson.
- Coaching: I’ll check in with you throughout the week to make sure any questions are resolved and keep you motivated and energized.
- Why: Every race needs a finish line, you can’t keep running forever right? In the same way every music student needs an end point for the music they are working on.
- What: Each student will finish their Accordion Academy session with some kind of performance project. The performance can be modest and private, or it can be grand and public. The type and scope of the performance is completely up to you. Here are some ideas:
- Participating in the online recital/salon (usually held the final week of the session)
- Organizing a performance for friends/family
- Recording a YouTube video
- Street performing
- Making an audio recording
- Playing at a cafe or restaurant
- Playing at a nursing home
- Performing at an open mic
- What: Online Activities happen once a week in the forums. They are relaxed discussions on specific topics, designed to explore ideas and create motivation and energy through community.
- Why: There’s just something about being in a group of people working on the same thing, that makes progress easier. Study of the accordion can be a very individual and isolating experience, and while this can be a beautiful solitary pursuit, it can be draining. Friendship, connection and camaraderie are all invaluable to replenishing our artistic reservoirs.
- Activity Examples: The online activities will vary by session, but here are a few examples:
- making practicing easier by creating a habit
- finding your identity in your music
- setting/maintaining short and long term goals
- general discussion of how practice/music is going
What students say about RebelReed…
I can’t recommend RebelReed highly enough. I get excellent practice exercises and resources to help me reach my goals.Lorretta P. Bellingham, WA
Skype lessons through RebelReed work great–it’s in person and personal.Bill G. Chicago, IL
The enthusiasm and encouragement makes my private lessons fun.Grace L. Philadelphia, PA